At one point or another, almost everyone has had anxiety. Some cases can be more extreme, like for people with General Anxiety Disorder(GAD) or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD), or it can just be anxiety over a big move or the upcoming exam season. Whatever it is there are ways to help fight it and work through it.
Below I list 10 things that you can do to fight anxiety. Most of these are quick fixes, but it’s always good that if you have chronic anxiety to talk to a therapist or a doctor. After that, I have a list of resources for anyone who might need it.
- Talk to someone.
- Pet an animal/watch animals.
- Go for a walk.
- Take a nap.
- Journal or write.
- Put on a calming tune or some good music.
- Read a book.
- Make a day that you plan to be all about self-care. Plan when that day will be and what you’ll do.
- Breathing exercises or meditation.
- Need someone to talk to? Try 7 Cups.
- Need an animal? Try volunteering at your local humane society.
- Need to get calm? Try this article.
- Need some calming noises for sleep (or in general)? Try these Spotify playlists (1x) (2x) (3x) (4x)
- Zentangle website
- A Time article on breathing exercises.
If you have chronic anxiety or an anxiety disorder it’s important to keep a list like this somewhere you’ll be able to find it. Either by bookmarking the links, writing it down in your journal, keeping a file on your computer or phone. Any way you can easily get to it before you get too far into a panic to help yourself.
Having healthy coping skills is super important in reducing the amount of anxiety you have.
If any of you have tried these sites or have any other suggestions, leave them in the comments down below!
Are you following me?
Image Credit — edited with Canva